Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 08:40:33 -0600
If it's a ham, his rig could be screwed up. Although unlikely, the same
problem that causes the constant emission could cause it to switch modes or
transmit a carrier on two frequencies simultaneously. What else could have
caused the two simultaneous close-spaced carriers from a ham station? A
two-tone intermod test?

He also would have a very well-built amplifier, because those signal
reports sound like he's running far more than just 100 watts. Maybe
children were playing with grandpa's ham equipment. Or grandpa has
Alzheimer's.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM, W2PM <w2pm@aol.com> wrote:

> I thought I read here in earlier posts it went from CW dead carrier to
> rTty for a while tho?
>
> On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:46 AM, "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com> wrote:
>
> > One possibility is a Ham who works CW and has accidentally left his rig
> locked on. The abrupt disappearance around sunset was interesting. Someone
> flip a switch off for a while? I'm suspecting this is a Ham mistake.

Topband Reflector