Re: Topband: topband for k3 users

To: "Gary and Kathleen Pearse" <pearse@gci.net>, "topband List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: topband for k3 users
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 15:23:42 -0400
Ive had an early and late K3 here on loan and have kept my TS-950SD. What Im really looking for is a TS-950SDX.

One thing Kenwood does better is the RX/TX audio on SSB in particular and Ive had a 830, 930, and 940 prior.

The 950 series switches in a 20 or 30dB pad (I forget which) between 500-1500 KHz which has eliminated any Topband BCB problems here and would make for easier filtering in other areas of the planet.

The question I have is when is the SDR rig going to become the all around performance leader?

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary and Kathleen Pearse" <pearse@gci.net>