Re: Topband: topband for k3 users

To: topband List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: topband for k3 users
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 09:59:44 -0800
I owned a well filtered Elecraft K3 and a TS-590S Kenwood together. I found
that for city noise the 590S had a more effective DSP noise blanker (the NB2),
slightly better DSP noise reduction, and equally good BCB rejection.

The K3 had slightly better CW filtering and "cleaner" ultimate signal on 160M
with the available very narrow roofing filters, those narrower than the 590S.
However no 160 DX on the K3 was inaudible on the Kenwood.

I currently own the 590S mainly for its NB2 function and easy user interface.

73, Gary NL7Y
Topband Reflector