Re: Topband: and KDKA

To: Richard Fry <rfry@adams.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: and KDKA
From: <rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:30:34 -0400
In recent years many Canadian fulltime AM stations have been shut down
on AM and moved over to FM. However they remain "notified" which is
a semitechnical term meaning the Canadian government tells other
countries such as the US, which are signatory to treaties, that those
facilties still exist. The New Brunswick 700 went off the air several
years ago. I think the Alberta is off the air as well.

Another source of this kind of information is the AM Pattern Book,
published by the National Radio Club. They just published a new edition this
year.

Bob k2euh

---- Richard Fry <rfry@adams.net> wrote:
> >A frequency search for 700 kHz shows some high power night time licenses in
> >AB and NB. I don't remember if those licenses existed before the downgrade
> >the Clear Channel concept, which I think happened sometime in the 70s or
> >early 80s.
>
> Here is a link to a map showing all AM stations on 700 kHz, as of now.

Topband Reflector