Topband: Gus, W4BPD

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Gus, W4BPD
From: John Harden <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 13:13:15 -0400
Interesting to hear about Gus Browning, W4BPD....

I first worked Gus around 1962 (51 years ago) when I was a college student at Georgia Tech. I have cards from him at many great DX QTH's for the time...

FR7ZC/J, ZD9AM, 9U5BH, 9U5ZZ, etc. He always had a big signal....

At the time I was running a Viking Valiant to a Hornet TB-500 Tri-Bander. That was plenty of power at the time except when I came up against W4DQH or especially W4TO (both running a pair of 4-1,000's) to big mononanders. After upgrading to the Viking 500 I did even better...

Unfortunately I QRTed fer XYL's es College and missed quite a few good ones...

73,

John, W4NU
(K4JAG 1959 to 1998)
Topband Reflector