Topband: W6AM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W6AM
From: "BY THE LAKE" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 06:52:53 -0400
An interesting thread on an interesting ham! I recall seeing a picture in one of the magazines of Don at age 80+ at the top of one of his rhombic poles (some 100 ft each I believe) doing "routine maintenance".

I was browsing through older QSTs recently and ran across an article by him in November, 1937 titled "Making the Most of Directive Antennas-Practical Pointers on Operating a Number of Antennas in Limited Space". This was, of course, before he purchased the Press Wireless property in the hills and it describes his Sterba Curtain and phased element wire beams. Apparently, he placed so much faith in his antenna static discharge system that he did not shut down during thunder storms!

Bill VE3NH

-----
No virus found in this message.