Re: Topband: My Turn For a Brain Pick - Sanity Check

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: My Turn For a Brain Pick - Sanity Check
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:16:48 -0400

On 6/12/2013 3:34 PM, Tom W8JI wrote:
I can't think of a reason to pick 90 degrees as a target value, unless it is a system designed to protect something on groundwave that happens to be straight in line with the elements.

I agree. For me, the primary design objectives are maximizing forward gain, beamwidth, and gain bandwidth. I don't care about F/B.

73, Jim K9YC

Ditto as Ive already mentioned as F/R isnt useful to me since I have several receiving antennas. Gain variation with reasonable lengths of coax are miniscule and its not being wasted in a hybrid either.

Carl
KM1H

All good topband ops know how to put up a beverage at night.
Topband Reflector