Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: Lup Schlueter <dj7sw@kcag.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:13:41 +0000
Enjoy reading!
73 de Lup, DJ7SW

http://www.ok1rr.com/index.php/operating/20-errare-humanum-est

Am 13.11.2012 15:56, schrieb Chortek, Robert L:
<< John, k9uwa wrote:
Sometimes its accidental guys. Picture this example. DX says: TU Everybody
calls. I drop in my call twice at 30 WPM. Hear nothing. Drop in call twice
again. ... during that brief moment DX sends 7DX? and I don't hear him as I am
still transmitting call twice.  And again I hear nothing as DX is now listening
for rest of the 7DX callsign. Maybe I am on top of that guy? I don't know that.
I Still haven't heard the DX answer anyone so dump in the call twice more and
listen.

Yes, sometimes it is accidental, and I have been guilty of calling when I
should be listening.  However, I am amazed at the number of hams on 160 meters
who call when the KNOW they shouldn't!

Bob/AA6VB