Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 23:01:10 -0600
Since I sort of started this with my post last night...

I don't think that public humiliation is going to fix this problem. As others have pointed out, there is too much of a potential for abuse with people deliberately signing others callsigns, etc. I think the best is peer pressure from locals who know who the culprit is. I'd be willing to speculate that in most cases the operator causing the deliberate interference is known to local hams. If it is someone you know.....say something privately and constructively.

Everyone makes an occasional error. Heck, I've inadvertently forgot to hit the split button on my K3 after turning on the sub receiver. That's really easy to do. In fact, one of the things about the K3 that I think can cause problems if you're not careful is when you're set for split, say on 160M and QSY to another band. When you go back to 160M the K3 remembers the frequency and the split but the split is turned OFF.

Always look before you transmit.....