Re: Topband: Short radials?

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Short radials?
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:22:25 +0000
Thanks for the link! Key phrase for me, which does agree with the table in the
ARRL books: "Obviously you're much better off to using thirty two 1/8-wave
radials as apposed to a smaller number of longer radials."

1/8 wave is 60 feet and in two directions that (mostly) fits within my property
lines. But in two other directions it doesn't (things like driveways and
neighbors houses in the way!!!). Looks like I'm still doing guerilla radial
deployment on winter nights and rolling up in the AM! I would be real lucky to
deploy even 12 1/8-wave radials.

Tim N3QE