Re: Topband: Dog fence parameter radial wire

To: mstangelo@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Dog fence parameter radial wire
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:30:13 -0700

On 9/26/2012 5:29 PM, mstangelo@comcast.net wrote:

I have an inverted L in the trees of my back yard with 30 radials. The length
of the radials is 70 feet since this is what I could fit into the existing
area. I lay my radials on the ground since the area is wooded and doesn't have
much foot activity.

I got my radial wire years ago when surplus wire was cheap. This is no longer
the case.

I want to add additional radials and am looking for a suitable wire source that
will not break the bank. I'd like to use solid copper wire.

I was thinking of using 18 gauge insulated dog  fence parameter wire. Has
anyone use this wire for their radial systems?

Thanks in advance,

Mike N2MS

Of more interest than invisible dog fence wire is this machine that can bury the wire:

http://www.dogfencetrencher.com/

They sell a kit that modifies a Cub Cadet RT65 tiller ($700 at HD) into
a trencher that buries wire.  Also works with small coax.

Rick N6RK
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK