Re: Topband: Response to W8JI's comments about using a K2AV foldedcounte

To: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Response to W8JI's comments about using a K2AV foldedcounterpoise at VK6VZ
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:38:30 -0400
On 2012-09-24, at 7:02 PM, Bob K6UJ wrote:

> Also, I totally agree with your statement "when multiple things are changed
> in a randomly cluttered environment it is impossible to
> single out a single factor"    I am guilty of making multiple changes to an
> antenna system and then making assumptions as to
> what caused the change.  My process now is only change one thing at a time,
> then evaluate and continue on.  :-)

Ah yes, the pursuit of the proverbial "RED X", as espoused by an American
quality control guru...!

Don't ask me for his name, as I've forgotten it since I retired---but the ONLY
sure-fire way to confirm the existence of the RED X is to be able to turn what
you're attempting to "fix" either off, or on, by "activating" or
"de-activating" it.

So simple! Removes all of the other "noise" that could be interfering with any
true root cause.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK