Re: Topband: METAL DETECTOR

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: METAL DETECTOR
From: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:11:04 -0400
> You can take an AM signal generator, feed the radial against ground, and use
> a little portable AM Broadcast radio along the ground to >track the wire.  It
> will work even if the wires are quite deep.

I was playing around with an AM receiver in the back yard and I found
I didn't even need a signal generator.  My vertical has a shunt coil
to ground so AM broadcast energy has a path to the radials and I had
plenty of energy picked up from strong stations here near Washington
DC to locate my radials.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK