Re: Topband: Inverted L Question - Reply

To: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>, "Lloyd Korb" <k8dio@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L Question - Reply
From: "Ulrich Weiss" <dj2ya@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:20:09 +0200
hello Guy,

I have been using a 3/8 Lambda Inverted Vee on my telescoping 55 foot tower
(with a 5 Band Quad on top) for a couple of years now... I'm well aware of
the fact that there is a significant amout of coupling between the
Inverted-L and the tower... but as they are connected to the same ground
system, I do not see where power ("5 or 10 db lost") should be wasted...
considering to try your FCP on the Inverted-L I have obtained the cores for
the transformer, but the current discussion makes me doubt that it will be
helpful as the tower is still connected to my (buried) ground system... do
you think that detuning the tower (with the lines going up bonded to the
tower) might improve the situation???
BTW, I do not mind the horizontal part of the radiation as it seems to help
me a lot in 160m-contestst to work the numerous EU-multipliers... DX-wise I
am not entirely unhappy as I have be able to work almost all the rare stuff
in and outside of contests, but, of course, the better is the enemy of the
good...
kind regards

Uli, DJ2YA