Re: Topband: Inverted L Question - Reply

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L Question - Reply
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:48:59 -0400
The "L" most likely has a significant amount of horizontal component.
It is not a bad antenna on 160 but neither is it a great antenna.  It is
better than and inverted Vee most of the time but there are time like ar
SS and SR when the horizontal antenna will work very well for DX.  That
period of time is only a few minutes before and after those events.  For
working someone up to 1000 miles away many times the horizontal antenna
or one like you describe with a horizontal component will work better.

Herb, KV4FZ

On 4/29/2012 9:13 AM, chacuff wrote:
> [...]

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK