Re: Topband: Inverted L Question

To: "Mike\(W5UC\)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L Question
From: "chacuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 08:05:49 -0500
From: "Mike(W5UC)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:55 AM

> Good Morning Lloyd & All:
>
> You have described my 160 & 80 meter antennas almost exactly.  The
> vertical part of my L is about 3 feet away from the tower at the top,
> and approximately 2 feet away at the bottom.  I also have a 80 meter
> vertical wire on the other side of my tower.  The 80 meter wire is
> approximately 3 feet from the tower at both ends.

-------------------cut-----------------------------------

Hi Mike and the Group....

Sounds like mine as well with the exception of the 80 meter wire and fewer
radials.   Which concerns me a bit because I had considered loading the
tower after I put it up but didn't because I was told the Force 12 yagi was
not well suited for that and that I would probably blow something up.
(insulated elements and ferrite bead balun) With that in mind I placed all
the coax on the outside of the tower....5 runs of LMR 600 and abandoned that
idea. (strike two)...

So I ran the L and it has worked OK with 1kw. But what am I doing to the
other antennas and feedlines?

What to do now...

Cecil
K5DL