Re: Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.

To: herbs@vitelcom.net, top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.
From: "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:22:15 -0700 (PDT)
The Home Depot $9.99 lamps do not emit a lot of radiation but cause
noise when located near my FM and 160m radios.

And the large heatsink located above the base gets quite hot to the touch.

I bought a new LED lamp in original packing,  and had it delivered to
 Ed Hare (RFI guru) at ARRL headquarters as an inexpensive ($10)
white noise generator, but have heard nothing back yet.

73,

jim / W1FMR