Re: Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.

To: "chacuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Home Depot LED bulb interference.
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:09:04 -0400
On 2012-04-27, at 12:04 PM, chacuff wrote:

> I've never know of a utillity to give away power...

Welcome to Ontario...!

> usually when the power flows to another utillity on the grid it is billed at
> a wholesale rate...

It's not, believe me. The newspapers say we GIVE it away, and throw in MILLIONS
to make the "deal" acceptable.

> I'm not sure stock holders would allow a give away.(of course this may be
> government owned generation)

It's government owned---natch!

> Certainly any excess capacity should be sold, especially at a rate that would
> be in excess of the fuel and operating costs required to generate and
> transmit it.  Usually it's at a premium and quite profitable for the utillity
> with the excess capacity.

Why worry about profit when you have millions of tax payers footing the bill?

> Demand billing usually has options in it as well that allow you to opt out
> but at a higher rate per KWH than if you opt in and use energy during the off
> peak hours.

Here in Ontario there is NO option to opt out: smart meters are universal.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK