Re: Topband: E51M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: E51M
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 14:28:47 -0700
On 4/4/2012 1:45 PM, Clive GM3POI wrote:
> Our 160m available time will be from there SS  at 0445z until our
> Sunrise 0530z that is a total of 45 minutes against your likely six hours. I
> think it highly reasonable IF they were QRV,  to say EU only.

When geography imposes that sort of limits on propagation, I certainly
agree. Every part of the world is in that position to some DX locations,
so good operators will study propagation and favor them at those times.
That's exactly what we run into on the west coast for the Middle East,
eastern AF, and parts of south Asia on almost all bands, and to EU and
AF on 160M!

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK