Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!
From: W5JR - Mike <w5jr.lists@att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:23:38 -0400
I like the Stew, however, it typically falls at a time when I've traveled away
from home for the holidays and don't have access to a station or am actually
traveling during the Stew weekend. Bummer.

This year, the timing was different enough to operate the event and condx
turned out to be less than stellar from QTH.

I would like more 160 events but I doubt my station would be able to work any
DX in the summer months.

tnx
Mike

On Mar 17, 2012, at 10:12 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

> On 3/17/2012 6:34 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
>> Four 24 hour Stew's a year is a good deal, at the equinoxes and the
>> soltices.
>
> While I LOVE the concept of the Stew, it seriously lacks critical mass,
> even in the main event in December.  As a result, I always finding
> myself taking frequent breaks during the evening and going QRT from
> boredom by 1 am or so.
>
> It has seemed to me that adding the July and October runnings of the
> Stew are even more poorly attended, and have also served to dilute
> interest in the Dec event.  While I'd love to see topband activity
> spread around the calendar, far more effort is needed to get more folks
> to participate.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK