Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:34:07 -0400
IARU is an all-band contest, be a lot of topbanders on other bands for
score.

Four 24 hour Stew's a year is a good deal, at the equinoxes and the
soltices.  Then you can forget the practice Stew.  Also get into the
business that for spring, summer, fall there's only 24  hours to get logs
in after the contest, and results out on web as soon as the program runs.
No paper submissions.  Certificates, etc from the December Stew only. Some
rewards from the cumulative of the four contest for the year?

73, Guy.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/17/2012 07:44 AM, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
> > Please no!  Let the Stew be the Stew. It is the best and fairest TB
> > contest ever devised by mankind.  I wouldn't mind if we had one every
> > month especially at the summer solstice,  vernal and autumnal equinox
> > when those in the southern hemisphere could have even more kick.  Plus
> > the IARU has those nonsense QTC's which would be totally inappropriate
> > for TB DXing.
>
> No, the IARU HF contest does NOT have QTC's. You are confusing it with the
> WAE
> contest.
>
> The IARU exchange is 59(9) + ITU Zone. The ITU zones are smaller than the
> CQWW
> zones, and would provide a good distance-based mapping. See
> http://www4.plala.or.jp/nomrax/ITU/index.html for a map of the ITU zones.
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK