Re: Topband: QRP Question

To: <w0uce@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP Question
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:23:13 -0700
I have a crass answer (based on something heard in a movie that Bert Reynolds
starred in some years back) but....the short answer is, in my opinion, those
operators who do sign /qrp don't think much of themselves, their equipment or
their antenna!  Something has them thinking small about themselves and that
couldn't be a more in-accurate assessment of themselves or their equipment.

But - can't help 'em....

> From: w0uce@nc.rr.com
> To: topband@contesting.com
> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:58:22 -0500
> Subject: Topband: QRP Question
>

> Maybe and experienced QRP OP can answer a question for me and please note
> the question is not intended to anger anyone or start a flame. I would just
> like to learn something - "Why?"
>
> So here is the question:  Why do some using QRP continually send /QRP after
> a CQ, their call or a contest exchange?  In a contest I don't care if the
> station I work is QRP, LP or QRO - a QSO is a QSO.
>
> The same when calling CQ or during a rag chewing - Why send /QRP? To me it
> makes no more sense than someone sending /100w, /LP, /1500w or /QRO after
> their call.
>
> 73,
> Jack

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK