Re: Topband: ARRL 160 conditions

To: "'Brian_ve7jkz'" <ve7jkz@telus.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160 conditions
From: "Wayne Mills" <n7ng@bresnan.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 10:24:36 -0700
"Bang on zero beat" IS a problem. I am noticing more and more of that as (I
guess) more and more guys rely on SPOTTING SOFTWARE! Arrrrgh! It doesn't
make any sense to call exactly zero beat.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, using directional receive only antennas
seems to be a problem. Maybe I can't hear a station at all without my rx
antenna, but maybe I can't hear others in the wrong direction. I haven't
figured out the best way to use directional rx antennas. Maybe the someone
needs to develop antenna scanning software ;-)

Wayne, N7NG
Jackson Hole