Topband: ARRL 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <charleswshaw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:02:13 +0000
Yes, But,

         From southeast New Mexico, on my Saturday AM,  I found that
JA stations were the loudest I have ever heard any of them in any
contest for the past 24 years.  I was CQing and they answered
me--loud.  Sunday morning, fewer JA's and not quite as loud.  Best DX
to the NE was a couple of MAR.  To the South, CE1 and ZF;  Southeast,
only VP2 and PJ2.  No central or south Pacific and no AK.  I was only
on for a few short periods.

         So I suppose that disregarding the personal choices made by
the DX, at least part of the propagation was pretty good
sometimes.  Could have been better, but has been much
worse!  Important:  our location and the 160 meter Spotlight.

         Thanks for the QSO's!

73,
Charles Shaw - N5UL
Hobbs, NM