Re: Topband: Beverage is down

To: "GeorgeWallner" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage is down
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 08:35:45 -0500
Since my 600-900' Beverages show excellent directivity all the way down to
the LWBC Band Id say give short ones a try.

Since Im also the one who started the Slinky Beverage "craze" in the 80's
and picked up in early editions of the ON4UN book I can highly recommend
them for the space challenged. Five of the full size ones stretched over
150' approximates a full wave on 160. Termination over poor ground is 1200
Ohms here. I used the cheap steel ones and replaced about every 18-24
months; you could also paint them. Brass ones are supposedly only available
thru one Ebay seller and they arent cheap.

Carl
KM1H