Topband: Beverage is down

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage is down
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:12:00 -0500
Hunters took down my bev on the land behind me.  Only 250 foot unterminated,
did not seem to be working all that great on 160 but really well on 40 and 30
(towards EU), although 2 months is not enough time to evaluate.

So I have re-installed the bevs on my property within boundaries, heagin 330
and 210.  Unterminated.  150 foot long each.  I am thinking results will be
better if I terminate.  But should I use a resistor smaller than 470 ohms for
these shorter bevs?

Still hoping the bevs can do the trick, as I don't have room for EWE or K9AY
(although I could do a small receive loop).

Thanks in advance

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK