Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 16:56:33 EST
Like Bob, W7RH, our JA numbers were way down for Stew Perry,  only 12 in
the log. I can't comment on ARRL 160 since there was no operation  here for
that test. I dont think either of those contests have much of a  following in
JA.

But, for 2010 CQWW 160 CW, I sure can't say there were no JA's. In fact,
here, JA totals were the best ever for a 160 contest here.

Using the N7AT club callsign, multiop partner KC7V and myself made 95 JA
qso's. That's with a simple 78' vertical and some K9AY rx loops. A 4-square
or  the W7RH 5 el vertical array and some real rx antennae would have
produced some  serious results. ;-)

CU all again in 2011 CQWW 160 CW!

73, Bob K8IA

73, Bob  K8IA, President
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Club Call; N7AT
Website:  _www.arizonaoutlaws.net_ (http://www.arizonaoutlaws.net/)

>On 23trd December, Bob W7RH wrote:
>
> "...The question I  ask is the following: What happened to all the JA
> stations on  160?"
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK