Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Where are the JA stations?
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:55:39 -0800
being in the great nothewest, and also a past member of the keyman's club
of japan, i can say there seems to be a lot less JA activity. i recently
made a dxpitition to pacific beach (cliff overhanging pac ocean, (only
H2O between me and JA) to work the feb 160m JA contest and i heard a
gazillion JAs, mostly up in their 1900 Kcs portion. we need CNN or
independent lens to do a story on the present operating habits of the JA
amateur...........

mike w7dra

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:12:42 -0800 Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
writes:
> On 12/23/2010 8:02 AM, W7RH wrote:
> > Or, are the US HP category stations
> > running far more power than authorized?
>
> I can speak for myself, and can personally vouch for K6XX, N6RO,
> K5RC,
> NI6T, K6RB, N6RK, N3ZZ, and the crew who operate at W6YX -- these
> guys
> do it with legal power, first class radios, good antenna systems,
> and
> operating skill.  Ditto for any operation at their stations by
> others,
> including N6WM, N6ML, WA6O, ND2T, N7MH, and N6BV.
>
> I also seem to hear fewer JAs each season.  And I've got a full wave
>
> Beverage pointed that way. But propagation may also be an issue.
> We've
> been at the low point of the sunspot cycle for a while, and it's on
> the
> upswing.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance