Re: Topband: K3NA Loop Array

To: rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K3NA Loop Array
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:23:36 -0700
  > This may be very simplified. I am far from a Beverage expert, but it was
> explained to me once that the Bev works well over poorly conducting

> -Bob k2euh

My Sacramento delta QTH is highly conductive, at least according
to the FCC map, and I do have Beverages, but the length is limited
to less than 500 feet due to high losses, as verified by measuring
the current along the wire.  This is OK on 40m and 80m, where 500 feet
is a decent length, but on 160m, the performance is limited.  Still
useful (you can never have too many receive antennas).

(500 ft = 150 meters)

As always, YMMV.

Rick N6RK
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK