Topband: Europe to California QSO's on SSB last night

To: Top Band Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Europe to California QSO's on SSB last night
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:49:33 -0800
Amazing conditions around 0400Z (Monday UTC, Sunday night
local).  RA4LW and ES5GP were armchair copy (at least
between QSB dips) on SSB and both were easily worked,
for my first EU SSB QSO's on topband.  OH2BO was extremely
strong on CW (well over S9 on the TX vertical) and
probably could have been worked on SSB as well.  A dozen
or so other EU stations were heard and/or worked last
night.  I had to QRT around 0500, but it appeared that,
by then, the magic, whatever it was, was gone.

Rick N6RK