Topband: Edger for burying ground radials ?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Edger for burying ground radials ?
From: "Ken Claerbout" <k4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 08:03:25 -0500
>Guess I am not sure why you guys want to go to all the >WORK of burying
>radials when Mother Nature will do it
>nicely for you  with ZERO effort.

John (K9UWA) is absolutely right!  In most cases there is no need to go through
all the back breaking effort of digging trenches.  I put the mower deck as low
as it would go, then laid out the radial field and used sod staples to hold
them in place.  The grass grew over everything and by the end of the year I
couldn't even see them.  Several years later I have never hit one while mowing
the lawn.  Many landscape places have the sod staples in boxes of 500 - 1000
for reasonable prices.

Ken K4ZW