Topband: Ft-1000mp vs Ft-950

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ft-1000mp vs Ft-950
From: "Larry" <lrpmbt@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 07:16:39 -0500
I am looking to do an upgrade in rigs. I am currently using a TS-930s/at that
is still going strong and hears well. I have had the loan of a FT-1000mp with
the Inrad filters and really like the receive and receive  audio. It also hears
better than my 930s. I also have on loan a K3, it hears great, but I don't care
for the audio output. I am very interested in a Ft-950 as I can get one new for
the same price as a FT-1000mp used.  Has anyone done a side by side receive
comparison of the Ft-1000mp and the Ft-950??. Larry W8VVG