Topband: Beverages inside a hedgerow?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverages inside a hedgerow?
From: Colin Cook <col.kat@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:44:58 +0000
Hi all
Just a quick note to say a very big thanks to all the guys that replied
to the posting. I'm gonna try some of the ideas out when i've got a bit
of time and the WX is a bit kinder and see what results i come up with.
I done some quick measurements on the weekend and it seems that i can
run one of the beverages at about 290 deg that is over 1150' long but
the feed point will be about 600' from the shack. Is this too long for a
beverage and is the feed point a little too far away? I know coax losses
are less important with RX ariels but is there a sensible limit when it
come to the distance to the feed point?
I hope I'm not going over old ground and i apologise if i am.
73,
 Colin, gm0vhr

database 4615 (20091117) __________

http://www.eset.com