Re: Topband: Electrical height of short shunt fed tower?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Electrical height of short shunt fed tower?
From: "James Hall" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:12:32 -0600
This has been a very interesting thread and one that I took notes on. I will
have a new system going up that will be 120 feet of Rohn 45 tower with large
yagis at 60 and 120 feet - 48 ft. booms. I do not know how to model antennas
yet. Being so near 1/4 wavelength tall (and electrically taller), how do I
decide where to 'tap' the tower and how far off the tower the shunt wire
should be ?

73, Jamie
WB4YDL