Re: Topband: MFJ-269 thoughts? Other analyzers?

To: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: MFJ-269 thoughts? Other analyzers?
From: "Michael St. Angelo" <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:48:16 -0400
Mike,

I have a MFJ-269. It's convenient for checking for a low swr but is not
accurate for measuring impedances.

If you want accuracy or an analyzer that performs better in the presence of
strong signals  I'd check out the N2PK-VNA kit or the AIM4170.

N6LF has done a nice comparison of the popular analyzers:

<http://www.makarov.ca/download/vna/VNA%20comparisons.pdf>

I'd check out the VNWA kit for VHF-UHF operation. It's presently available
in kit form but assemblied versions are supposed to be available late this
year:

<http://www.sdr-kits.net/VNWA/VNWA_Documentation.html>

73,

Mike N2MS