Topband: Searching for beverage info

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Searching for beverage info
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:15:05 -0600
I just installed 250' of #18 gauge wire in a straight line NE and SW. I went to
the reflector to look up 'short beverage' and came
up with only people talking about 580' beverages.

Is there anything that can be done closer to 250' for a beverage. I have a
preamp and would like it to work in both directions.

I am thinking I connect the coax center to the wire and the braid to a ground
stake at the end closest to the shack (the NE end).

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET