Topband: Propagation on Nov.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Propagation on Nov.
From: cris blak <cyo3fff@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:38:14 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

I did try to post a message regarding the thread "Unusual Propagation" but was
moderate for I don't understand the reason. Anyhow. Hoping this message will go
through, I want to discuss a propagation issue regarding the 1st Nov. event and
more (3 Nov.). As K8DO, G3PQA, K9FD/KH6 and VE3CUI mention, there was an
enhance DX propagation on TP on the 1st of November. I can't confirm this by
myself because at that time I was QRV on 2m...but, I did notice a very good
propagation on MW on 3rd of November. Signals from BBC (+2000Km) and France
Info (1500Km) were very strong received in Bucharest by a car radio on road
around 7PM which is not usual. Maybe some of you notice but there is a strange
coincidence on the first of November. K8DO report mention that the best time of
that event were around 2030z. At that time, the Moon was at apogee (405750Km)
and 3 days after the new Moon phase. That means the Moon was between the Sun
and the Earth. Its position could be
 the case correlated with a steady Sun. More exactly, the Moon was like a
shield between the Sun and the Earth making the giro frequency to be very low
allowing MW to propagate on higher F layer and possible ducting.

What do you think about this hypotheses?

73 de YO3FFF
Cristi