Topband: Power

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Power
From: calle.jonsson@sverige.nu
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:51:03 +0200 (CEST)
It is a well-known fact that some stations are over-powering (using
illegal power). If you´re 59+40db when everybody else is 559 (from the
same area) it is more often than not illegal power. Especially during
contests the "big guns" show up. In Europe I guess that most stations are
running legal power but there are (quite) a few overpowering. When I was
S21YD on several occasions in the 1990´s it appeared to be the (few)
stations who were breaking my S-mtr back home.
Personally, I don´t care much. But to the illegal stations I´d like to
say: we know who you are.
73 SM6CPY Carl