Re: Topband: freq's to avoid

To: "'Gary Nichols'" <kd9sv@comcast.net>,"'Topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: freq's to avoid
From: "W7TMT" <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:39:03 -0800
Subject: Topband: freq's to avoid

Some time ago a list was put together listing frequencies to avoid which
were bad for receiving in Europe and Far East.  Would someone have that list
handy they could share with the three old phardts going to PJ4 in a couple
weeks?  We are going to play with RX antennas, get warm, swim with the fish
and enjoy casual operating on the low bands.  Hope to work many who may
still need Bonaire and would appreciate any reports about how our signal
compares to the other PJ stations.  We will try to improve the TX antenna if
possible while there.

73, de gary, kd9sv

________

Gary et al,

Jeff, K8ND had at least two versions of this list. The one accessible via
the link below and also a very nice graphic format That version consists of
a vertical representation of the freq.'s between 1800 and 1872 with the bad
freq.'s marked by geographic area. I have a paper copy of that it has no
filename associated with it but does have "K8ND 050104a" printed in a
corner. K8ND changed his ISP host awhile ago and perhaps that version was
lost as I don't seem to have a link that works anymore. Since he is a
regular here hopefully he can supply a link to the graphical version again.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Topband/2007-02/msg00023.html

Very useful data and excellent work by K8ND and K0CKD.

73/Patrick
W7TMT