Re: Topband: Filters and grounding

To: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>,"raoulc@smmcape.co.za" <raoulc@smmcape.co.za>,"Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Filters and grounding
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 01:23:17 -0800
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:04:12 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:

>Since the input of a device is almost always more sensitive
>to RFI than the output, I'm not convinced his way is
>correct.

The pro audio community (which includes people with excellent RF
background) has moved well beyond the somewhat limited views of
susceptibility cited in your reply. Anyone concerned with these
issues would do well to study what we've been doing. Much of it is
covered in various tutorials on my website.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish

Whitlock's AES paper (in JAES Jun '95) is in virtually any decent
engineering library. It is MUST reading.