Topband: Daylight 160 Sked

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Daylight 160 Sked
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:38:55 -0800
      I listened to 2.5 Mhz WWV today during broad daylight in an effort to
hear WWVH. I could not find enough notch in any of my antennas to effectively
null out the Boulder signal. Boulder is incredibly strong here on 2.5Mhz . I
will measure its actual signal level tomorrow but I know it was well over S9
here. I could however hear the WWVH signal this evening when the path got
stronger.
    Very interesting is that often in the early sunrise here signals to the
West over the ocean come in at what seems very high angles. Not always though.
Now we are seeing signals at what seems very low angles at daylight. Thats
quite a shift of angle as the layers change during the day.
     more tests to follow.
  lee K7TJR