Topband: Topband BCB interference reduction

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Topband BCB interference reduction
From: "Mike Fatchett W0MU" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:53:15 -0700
I am looking for some suggestions on eliminating some fairly significant
Broadcast interference.

KOA radio 850 is probably 5 miles away and 50kw.  I have a couple of ICE
402X and they really seem to knock down the 850 signal.  Problem is I am
picking them up on 1700 at nearly the same strenght as their normal 850
signal.  The 402's are only reducing the 1700 signal about 10db according to
their specs.  I tried putting two in line and that made a bit of difference.

I am also picking up some other stations in the 160 band.

The main issue is on the inverted L.  I have a 4sq rcv array and the
interference is not quite as bad.

I would like to listen from time to time on the L as sometimes it hears
better.

or alternatively just move up to Montana full time.  I did not have any of
these issues up there HI!

Mike W0MU