Re: Topband: Small milliwatt TX

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Small milliwatt TX
From: "Björn Mohr" <bm@broadcast.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:20:53 +0100
> Bjorn> I am looking for a schematic to build a small milliwatt transmitter
> Bjorn> that could be used to measure antennas. Should be small enough to fit
> Bjorn> in a altoids can or similar and run from battery. Any leads out there?

>Andrei> would you please share any info on this - need it too ^-)

Since I got a couple of requests to share the information I got in
response to my question, here is what I received so far;

Igor DL2KQ sent me this schematic for a 0,4w/1-35Mc TX that he uses
with his antenna bridge;
http://dl2kq.de/ant/3-32-1.gif ?

Tom W8JI suggested a 1.843 oscillator;
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/632/785.pdf

Steve WB6RSE suggested the perfect altoids can kit, although in its
original form it doest cover 160 but it should just need the right
xtal I believe;
http://www.norcalqrp.org/s1s9generator.htm

73 de Björn /SM0MDG