Topband: MN8-CX cores

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MN8-CX cores
From: "Cecil Acuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:27:18 -0600
Tried to order a stock of various ferrite cores today for several antenna
projects.  Successfully ordered a small quantity of Fair-Rite binocular
cores as W8JI & K9AY use.  Thought I would also order a couple of sizes of
the Magnetic Ceramics MN8-CX cores for common mode chokes and matching
transformers....

Was stopped in my tracks by a $750 minimum order on each size I inquired
about.

I guess I'll look for a suitable replacement for that purpose...something
that will slip over RG-6 and LMR-400.

ON4UN speaks highly of them but I'll never know at that price....:-)

Cecil Acuff
K5DL