Topband: Why not add power class to SP TBDC exchange?

To: Top Band Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Why not add power class to SP TBDC exchange?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:23:20 -0800
I am sure I am not the first person to think of
this, but I don't remember seeing it discussed:

Why not add power class to the Stew Perry exchange,
like SS has?  You can add an "H" "L" or "Q" after
the grid:  "CM98 L".  This has two advantages:

1.  You can actually calculate your score in real
time (what a concept!).

2.  You would get credit for working low power and
QRP stations who don't send in logs.

I don't see much downside to this other than making
the exchange slightly longer.

Other than this one tweak, I think that the contest
rules are very well designed and greatly appreciate
this contest.

Comments?

Rick N6RK