Re: Topband: Why not add power class to SP TBDC exchange?

To: Top Band Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why not add power class to SP TBDC exchange?
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:49:10 -0500
Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> Why not add power class to the Stew Perry exchange,
> like SS has?  You can add an "H" "L" or "Q" after
> the grid:  "CM98 L".  This has two advantages:
>
> 1.  You can actually calculate your score in real
> time (what a concept!).
>
> 2.  You would get credit for working low power and
> QRP stations who don't send in logs.

I think this is an interesting idea. In addition to these two
reasons, I would enjoy knowing which stations are QRP. I usually
don't know I'm working a QRP station unless they go out of their way
to tell me. Last year I worked a couple of QRP stations who later
emailed to tell me they were QRP and wanting to know if I remembered
how strong they were. I didn't. If I had known they were QRP at the
time of the contact I would probably have given an RST report.

I love the SP just the way it is, but I think this would be an
interesting addition.

73,
Paul N1BUG