Re: Topband: 400 Ft. RG6

To: "'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"'Ed Stallman'" <n5blz@teleshare.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 400 Ft. RG6
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:47:29 -0500

I've always found that inserting a 20 dB (or so) attenuator in the TX antenna
when
receiving to be a better way to match signal levels to the RX antennas. I've
never found a
preamp necessary (although I have a few).

With the FT-1000MP family, this is very easy (using the "RX In" and "RX Out"
jacks). How
we switch our RX antennas to our four stations at PJ2T, including the 20 dB
attenuators,
is shown at
http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/Planning/CQWW160/PJ2T_RX_Ant_Distribution_Actual.jpg.

73,  Jeff  K8ND