Re: Topband: Unintentional QRM

To: "rbodine" <rbodine@cpinternet.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Unintentional QRM
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 00:05:03 -0800
From: "rbodine" <rbodine@cpinternet.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 4:32 PM
Subject: Topband: Unintentional QRM

> Saturday evening during the contest I was tuning the Orion sub-receiver
> while calling CQ, found and worked J3/DL5AXX.  I was elated I got
> through with my 100 watt station but also was tired and went back to my
> CQ frequency (or so I thought) and ended up aggravating a whole lot of
> folks by calling CQ on top of the DX.  I'm not offering excuses rather
> for those that did not see my apology on the cluster shortly after I
> offer my sincere apologies now, especially to DL5AXX.  The Orion has a
> learning curve and this just proves at least I need to pay attention to
> details.
>
> Very 73, Dick
> N0IM

That was very gracious of you to apologize on the cluster, Dick (I saw
your self spot with the apology). I think most reasonable folks recognize
that we all push the wrong button from time-to-time. Heck a few weeks
ago someone's transmitter was stuck on 160 CW sending dits for about  7
hours straight :-)