Topband: Recent 160 Condx

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Recent 160 Condx
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 17:38:06 -0800 (PST)
This is only a personal perception but I do believe conditions on 160 are
getting significantly better than previous years. I've been in Ohio for nine
years now and the JA's are really getting strong in the morning. Yesterday, I
heard the HL3 for the first time ever. He had a decent signal until about
1300Z.  Today, JA's were peaking  S-8 to S-9 at sunrise on the transmit
vertical. The band got very quiet and the DX was better on the vertical than on
the beverages.

  Haven't seen signals from Japan this good since I lived in South Dakota and
Minnesota in the 80's and 90's.

  73m W0JX