Re: Topband: Four-Square Receiving Array

To: "Nodir Tursoon-Zadeh" <nmt@at-communication.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Four-Square Receiving Array
From: "Ian Keyser" <ian.keyser@btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:52:13 -0000
Hello Nodir and all,

I am also looking at the four square.... my question is about the ground
system.

For receiving only, how good does the ground system have to be?   In my
location I could easily accomodate the verticals (loaded) but the radials
would create a massive headache as it will be in our caravan site.   Also,
to get quarterwave spacing it will be almost on my boundaries, so all
radials will have to be facing to the centre of the four aerials.

My other alternative is to put four 'flags' from a centre point in my wooded
area.   I wonder how they would work.

My problem would now appear to be that 'my mouth is now bigger than my ears'
so must do something more about my Rx setup.

Ian, G3ROO